Here are some of the places to stay in Key West. Ocean Key is where we’re having the wedding and is amazing, but it is a little pricey. Therefore, we’re giving you some good options and feel free to stay wherever you please. Mention MURPHY-STOUT wedding to get 10% off at all of them—room blocks are only available until AUGUST 30th!
2. Cypress House Hotel - This hotel is a 2 block walk to Ocean Key, very convenient to the wedding venue. 22 rooms total, will book up. Please call 1-800-549-4430. If you have any issue booking the room you’d like, please contact MARY SIMMONS at 305-294-5229 ext 156.
Qty. 9 x Superior Queen Rooms @ $259/$299 (first price is midweek, second is weekend)
Qty. 1 x Cypress Suite (Queen) @ $299/$339
Qty. 8 x Deluxe King Rooms @ $279/$319
Qty. 5 x Deluxe King with Porch @ $299/$339
3. Lighthouse Court Hotel 15 minute walk past all the bars on Duval to the Ocean Key (if you make it after that walk) This place has 45 rooms and we have a discount at both. Please call 1-800-549-4430. If you have any issue booking the room you’d like, please contact MARY SIMMONS at 305-294-5229 ext 156.
Ocean Key is the wedding venue and the place where many people will be staying. It’s located at Zero Duval street, the beginning of all things great that are Key West. There is a private beach next to this hotel at the Pier House. You can rent jet skis here, watch the best sunset in the US, and listening to live music on the Sunset Pier. It’s the best place in Key West!
Thursday- Bachelor Party. Scuba Diving during the day (if you can make it) party out in the town at night. If you plan on making the Scuba, you’ll probably have to be in Key West by 9:00am on Thursday morning.
1. Rehearsal (bridal party only) 2:00pm at the Ocean Key Resort.
2. Welcome Beach Party. 4-6pm at the Pier House Beach (right next to Ocean Key). Come one, come all, dinner & cocktails included!
1. Wedding ceremony, 4:30pm at Ocean Key.
2. Cocktail hour to follow from 5:00-6:00pm with hors devours.
3. Reception- 6:00- 10:00pm.
4. After party- Duval ST- 4:00am.
1. Stop by Jill & Gary’s suite for fruit, bagels, coffee, and goodbyes: 10:00am – 12:00pm.
Getting to the Keys is a piece of cake. You have 3 options:
1. Follow signs for 95 South until you drive in to the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy a road trip with stops along the way.
2. Fly in to Key West INTL. May cost a little more to do this. You don’t need rental car in Key West, just take a cab, bike, or rent a scooter.
3. Fly in to Miami. This is highly recommended if you have never driven through the keys. The Seven Mile Bridge is one of the longest in the country and is absolutely amazing. Gulf on the right, Atlantic on the left….just look right!
4. You could be like my Uncle Bob and ride your bike down from Canada!